ACCOUNT MANAGER – PR & MARKETING
At ChizComm, we work with top clients in toy, entertainment media and lifestyle consumer products to develop and execute fun and results-driven marketing campaigns that build buzz, build brands, and build engaging audiences. From media relations, events and influencer outreach, to social and digital media campaigns, and creative paid media strategies, we are committed to not only providing top results for our clients, but also providing a space for our staff to learn, grow and evolve in their careers.
We are looking for smart, creative and resourceful account team talent to lead PR, marketing and communications initiatives for clients, focusing in the US market.
- Demonstrate strategic and tactical leadership as day-to-day account lead and primary client contact on multiple accounts
- Plan, organize, present and execute PR and marketing activities designed to drive awareness and engagement for clients and client brands
- Understand clients’ brands, key messaging, marketing and communication objectives, be able to develop marketing plans and recommendations specific to their needs
- Plan and run media/influencer relations programs; identify contacts and opportunities, build relationships, develop and deliver creative pitches, secure coverage/placement
- Understand the media and competitive landscape and develop pitches accordingly
- Seek and create unique media and promotional opportunities for clients
- Write full range of brand and corporate communications materials including press releases, fact sheets, pitch decks, award entries, backgrounders, bios, blogs, social content, client communication and reporting
- Coordinate media, trade show and promotional events; some travel may be required
- Conduct media monitoring, social listening, community and competitive reviews
- Mentor and manage junior staff, ensuring clear direction, delegation and prioritization of responsibilities and tasks
- Project manage tasks and timelines across multiple departments – social, digital, creative
- Report status and updates to clients and agency management on a regular basis
- Lead client calls, establish objectives, manage workflow, deadlines, deliverables and monthly reporting
- Other duties as required
- 3-5 years public relations experience, agency experience is an asset
- Experience supervising junior staff
- Excellent in media relations, social media, writing and client management skills
- Highly organized, able to prioritize and move things along quickly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A leader and a team player
- Creative, thoughtful, enthusiastic, like to win
- Able to lead concurrent projects of varying size and complexity across multiple teams
- Strong grasp and creative use of social media channels & digital media to engage and support efforts
- Passion and pride in what you do, always striving to learn and do more
- Interest in toys, gaming, entertainment and youth a plus
With offices in Toronto and New Jersey, ChizComm is a leading agency delivering 360 degree marketing expertise and execution with in-house teams driving successful programs encompassing PR, social, digital, creative and paid media for clients in the toy, game, entertainment and lifestyle consumer products sectors.
We value a creative and collaborative team environment, and strive to help team members learn, grow and do great things together. We recognize and reward hard work and achievement, offering advancement opportunities and promotion on a regular basis. We offer full benefits, Summer Fridays, champagne Tuesdays, social activities, professional development opportunities, occasional travel, and much more.
ChizComm welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Only applicants being considered will be contacted, thank you for your understanding.
***Please send resume in PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the job title in the subject line
BE CREATIVE, SHOW YOUR PERSONALITY AND MAKE YOURSELF STAND OUT!!