Assistant Media Buyer/Planner
The Beacon/Chizcomm Digital Media Team is growing again!
The Beacon Media Group is a top media planning and buying agency specializing in the youth market targeting kids and their parents. We are seeking an Assistant Media Buyer/Planner with a minimum of 1-2+ years of experience in client management, media management and/or advertising/marketing. The position requires reviewing and understanding of consumer data and analytics. There is day to day client interactions, and it is important to maintain the knowledge of client products to ensure all media requirements are executed in a timely and accurate manner across multiple kid and adult networks. This position requires a highly motivated person to support the day-to-day execution of a(n) account(s).
- Analyze and track media buy to ensure delivery
- Respond to day to day client requests inclusive of budget revisions, product re-allocations, marketplace info and be ready to resolve any problems that may arise
- Request and report on all client brands post analysis
- Validate network flowcharts and approve buys
- Work with the finance department to help clear billing discrepancies
- Knowledge of principles of advertising, marketing, and media (media terms, concepts, media math, etc.)
- Proficient verbal/written communication
- Analytical thinking
- Solid strategic planning skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team; delegate and teach others; multi-task
- Ability to solve problems expediently and efficiently
- Organizational skills
- Experience in media planning/buying/negotiating a plus
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Media Program knowledge: MediaOcean or DDS knowledge a plus
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor’s Degree; related internship experience strongly preferred
- 1-3 years of media buying/planning experience
- Experience with key business tools for Media (ie Prisma, DCM, Innovid)
- Must possess desire to advance analytical, research, and quantitative skills
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, detail-orientation, follow-though skills
- Must be hard-working, resourceful and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills, formulas, v-lookup, conditional formats, pivot tables, etc.
- Position located in the New Jersey office
- Previous experience in television advertising and media would be an asset
- Intermediate/Expert with Excel and PowerPoint
- Proactive attitude
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- True team-player attitude, ability to collaborate with many different personalities
- Ability to take full accountability for assigned tasks and believe in the importance of adhering to and communicating deadlines
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure and to work in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing objectives and priorities
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage priorities
- Demonstrated experience effectively optimizing marketing campaigns by analyzing performance and recommending adjustments to key performance drivers
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
With offices in New Jersey, Beacon Media Group is a media service specializing in the planning and purchasing of media targeted to children and their parents.
We value a creative and collaborative team environment, and strive to help team members learn, grow and do great things together. We recognize and reward hard work and achievement, offering advancement opportunities and promotion on a regular basis.
Beacon Media Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Only applicants being considered will be contacted, thank you for your understanding.
Job Type: Full-time