Media Billing Assistant
The Beacon Media Group is a top media planning and buying agency specializing in the youth market targeting kids and their parents. We are seeking a Media Billing Assistant with a minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience in billing/accounting. The position requires the encumbent to have a strong working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and practices; support Controller and General Manager as needed with an array of client services; knowledge of MediaOcean and Excel a Plus, and be able to multitask.
- Maintaining an organized filing system for all appropriate documents.
- Produce monthly accounting reports.
- Ensure accurate processing of monthly remittances.
- Manage accounts receivable collection
- Manage/contact Media Vendors for missing invoice/accounts payable.
- Prepare trial balances.
- Open and close books for auditors.
- Prepare financial statements.
- Prepare bank reconciliations.
- Data Entry
- Download EDI and process media invoices in the system
- Distribute invoices and work with buyers to reconcile
- Process and forward billing/invoices to clients
- Client reconciliations
- Perform clerical duties, such as maintain filing and record systems.
- Keep the Controller informed of potential accounting and billing problems.
- Serve as a back-up for various accounting and administrative functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or another related field.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in accounts payable/accounts receivable, payroll, and general bookkeeping.
- Strong working knowledge of accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
- Experience with a budget, accounting, and reporting systems.
- Strong working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Practices.
- Perform mathematical computations accurately and quickly.
- Extensive, experience and knowledge in dealing with accounting systems, budgets, internal controls, business planning, and asset management is desirable.
- Advanced proficiency with MediaOcean accounting software and spreadsheet programs and applications an asset.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanor.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and government agencies.
- Experience creating and managing budgets for a large, distributed organization.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
With offices in New Jersey, Beacon Media Group is a media service specializing in the planning and purchasing of media targeted to children and their parents.
We value a creative and collaborative team environment and strive to help team members learn, grow and do great things together. We recognize and reward hard work and achievement, offering advancement opportunities and promotions on a regular basis.
Beacon Media Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Only applicants being considered will be contacted, thank you for your understanding.
Job Type: Full-time